We are currently looking for an experienced UI/UX designer to join our York office. Candidates will have a strong passion for design and a portfolio demonstrating digital user interfaces.
The role will cover all stages of the app development lifecycle from User Flows and Wireframes to Design Concepts, Prototyping and Asset creation. Our processes revolve around XD and therefore experience of the software is preferable. Our process is a mutual exercise, therefore direct engagement with our clients will be frequent either in-person or remote.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Clear passion for all things creative
- Eye for detail and aesthetics
- Experience designing digital user interfaces
- Passion for digital, particularly mobile apps
To be successful in this role you will have experience of some/all of the following:
- Adobe XD Sketch App
- User Flow diagrams
- Concept design
- Hi-fidelity prototyping e.g. XD, Proto.io, Invision
- UI/UX Design
It would be a bonus if you had experience of the following:
- Implemented Material Design
- Familiarity with Apples Human Interface Guidelines
- 2D Animations and UI transitions
Finally, the candidate must show a keen interest in making the mobile world a career choice and have a strong desire for learning and building upon their career to date. The Distance want to help develop a master of their trade in a supportive environment with additional training opportunities where required.
The role comes with
- A competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Latest MacBook Pro and 4k Monitor (after probation), renewed bi-annually
- Workplace pension
- Employee incentives (including Perkbox and free phone insurance)
- Minimum of 31 days holiday entitlement (we close at Christmas)
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team socials
Email your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can’t wait to hear from you.