The chosen candidate will find themselves managing multiple digital projects from kick off through to delivery
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Managing medium sized digital projects from project kick off through to delivery
- Following documented project processes in an Agile delivery environment
- Producing documentation for clients, delivery trackers and change documentation
- Working with the in-house designer to agree updates to wireframes and designs.
- Holding weekly calls with each client to provide project updates, and discuss progress, delays and blockers on their projects.
- Monitor time spent on projects against estimates and raise any potential over runs before they occur.
- Request resources and work with the scheduling manager to arrange development slots.
- Manage requests for project changes, and arrange quotes for these accordingly.
- Raise tickets using JIRA software, and monitor progress through to completion
To be successful in this role you will have experience of some of the following:
- Time management
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to follow documented processes and procedures
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and to prioritise own workload, and that of others.
- Clear and confident communications with the ability to relay information between developers and clients
- Motivate team members, and encourage participation in group activities
- An interest in digital development, in particular apps
It would be a bonus if you had experience of the following:
- Experience of managing projects.
- Knowledge of development in an Agile environment
- Producing project plans; manage workload and keep production on-track.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work with designers, developers, clients and other external agencies (e.g. external design agencies).
- Working knowledge of JIRA
Finally, the candidate must show a keen interest in making the mobile world a career choice. The Distance want to help develop a master of their trade by a supportive environment and additional training opportunities where required.
The role comes with
- A competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Latest Dell/MacBook and HD Monitor
- Workplace pension
- Employee incentives (including Perkbox and free phone insurance)
- Minimum of 31 days holiday entitlement (we close at Christmas)
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team socials
York is an incredibly vibrant city of culture, with a thriving tech community; there are monthly meet ups for all major tech subjects and it has been named “the best place to live in Britain” by the Sunday Times this year.
Submit your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (agencies will not be considered for this role)