We are looking for a candidate with strong backend development experience capable of architecting and delivering complex custom cloud solutions.
The role will be primarily focused on building bespoke backend applications, including creating and further developing our own proprietary solutions such as our mobile CMS solution ‘The Core’, as well as creating API’s; implementing complex business logic; supporting integration across mobile apps and 3rd party systems.
The role will focus on building serverless backend systems using AWS Lambda/Azure (where necessary, suitable training opportunities will be provided).
To be successful in this role you will have experience in the following:
- Delivering high quality, robust and testable code
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Knowledge of TDD or BDD approaches to developing software
- Ability to write unit tests
- Experience of PostgreSQL databases
It would be a bonus if you had experience of the following:
- Amazon AWS
- Serverless experience
- DevOps; familiarity with the CLI and Linux administration
- Project estimating/quoting
Finally, the candidate must show a keen interest in making the mobile world a career choice and have a strong desire for learning and building upon their career to date. The Distance want to help develop a master of their trade in a supportive environment with additional training opportunities where required.
The role comes with
- A competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Latest 15” MacBook Pro and 4k Monitor (after probation), renewed bi-annually
- Workplace pension
- Employee incentives (including Perkbox with free phone insurance)
- Minimum of 31 days holiday entitlement (we close at Christmas)
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team socials