We are excited to be looking to recruit a Head of Development, who will be directly responsible for all things tech and development at The Distance.
The successful candidate must have an exceptional track record of managing technical teams and a comprehensive background in software development.
The role will focus on supporting and growing our existing development team as well as being the primary decision-maker on our technical tools, processes and technical IP.
To be successful in this role you will have experience and ability in the following:
- Ensure a supportive, team environment that nurtures, develops and retains talent
- Managing a diverse team of local and remote developers
- Support the training and personal development of all technical staff
- Recruiting for future technical team members
- Contribute to the production of effective scope and requirements documentation
- Communicating with wider team and clients on technical matters
- Understanding of best practices with regard to development processes
- Implement and ensure end-to-end technical quality control processes
- Supporting production deployments, occasionally out of business hours
- Responsible for meeting the business technical KPIs
- Stay abreast with industry changes and inform team of impact to projects
Whilst not a development role, the technical experience of the following is essential to support the wider team
- Thorough knowledge and architecture of Serverless cloud environments, specifically AWS and Azure
- Experience integrating multiple 3rd party systems and developing APIs (ideally in GraphQL)
- Comprehensive knowledge of PostgreSQL databases
- Knowledge of deployment/distribution via MS App Center, and DevOps processes
Finally, the candidate must show a keen interest in making the mobile world a career choice and have a strong desire for learning and building upon their career to date. The Distance is a fast-paced agency with a diverse but demanding customer base expecting first class, cutting edge solutions.
The role comes with
- A competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Workplace pension
- Minimum of 31 days holiday entitlement (we close at Christmas)
- Flexible working hours (we are currently working Mon, Tue, Thur in office)
- Regular team socials
Submit your covering letter and CV to email@example.com (agencies will not be considered for this role)